I'm super excited to introduce these concepts to the blog... and track them throughout the year!
Word of the Year
I have picked a •word of the year• for the past 3-4 years. Some examples: authentic, vibrant, joy, simplify.
For 2019, I chose BE.
I talk about my process for doing this (and my 19 for 2019 list, which I thought would be fun to check in with throughout the year) in my IG highlights.
I thought about calm, still, peace, grace, present... but I kept coming back to a “mantra” of sorts:
This feels different for me. Usually I’m gung-ho on New Years, revitalized by a brand new beginning, but my body, mind, and spirit this year needs slow, space, freedom. I need to learn to be still and listen...
I’m HORRIBLE at it, but after soul searching this past year, I discovered I FILL my plate so full it overflows mostly out of fear. But I’ve decided to face what I’m running from (or toward) in 2019 ✌🏻!
19 for 2019
Do you even have a 19 for 2019 list?! I'm actually super excited about this list!
I did not create one last year and had some FOMO. This is inspired by the Happier podcast with Gretchen Rubin and Liz Craft. Bring it on 2019!
I'm sharing my list below if you need some inspiration. I even added some bonuses because I couldn't stop myself #extra
- [ ] 1. Give up coffee
- [ ] 2. Make 2018 yearbook
- [ ] 3. (Re)start daily calendar for Charlotte (in 5 year journal)
- [ ] 4. Reduce use of plastics (especially single use)
- [ ] 5. 1 phone-free day per week
- [ ] 6. Try 1 new recipe per week
- [ ] 7. Complete NTA credits by Q2
- [ ] 8. Create capsule wardrobe for myself
- [ ] 9. Hit Managing Director with Beautycounter
- [ ] 10. Learn “fancy” camera & finish class
- [ ] 11. Create mini training series for blog/social 1x per month
- [ ] 12. Organize keepsake bins
- [ ] 13. Move into new house
- [ ] 14. Volunteer/Donate 1x a quarter
- [ ] 15. Consistent fitness routine (2-4x per week)
- [ ] 16. (Re)test hormones in Q1
- [ ] 17. Date night 2x a month (or more!)
- [ ] 18. Improve mental health (meditation, therapy, gratitude journal, expressive writing, breathe app)
- [ ] 19. Create motherhood product
- [ ] +: Complete Simplified challenge (January 2019)
- [ ] +: Create 2019 Vision Board (January 2019)
- [ ] +: Update photo prints around the house
- [ ] +: Donate to create 1 completely empty closet
- [ ] +: Read (or listen) to 1 book per month
- [ ] +: 1 outside the home family activity per month