Body image and self love is something we all struggle with – in our modern culture especially. We dish on the things we personally struggle with and tips on how to stop talking down to yourself. Spoiler: it takes time and work, friends! | Get in touch: email@example.com
Welcome to the Ladies Dish Podcast!
IN THIS EPISODE:
Today is Day two of our 21DSD group Kate and I are so excited. We’ve got a great crew of ladies + one token dude - it’s just a good time. Dana has joined in as well so we’re all kicking sugar to the curb this month!
Interview Game Question (2:25)
How do you like to spend a rainy day?
NEW SEGMENT! The "it" list (5:00)
Joy shares her love of bullet journaling! Have you heard of it? It started with (this dude) and you can watched his official youtube video about it here.
But it’s also blown up with bloggers and other DIYers around the world. In short, bullet journaling is a way to build your own day planner that also has the ability to be a sketchbook, list maker, dream maker, etc… the sky is the limit!
LDP's Sponsor - The Nutritional Therapy Association
The NTA is an amazing organization that certified all three LDP co-hosts as Nutritional Therapy Consultants. We all highly recommend the NTC course or NTP (Nutritional Therapy Practitioner) course to anyone interested in pursuing an education in holistic health and learning how real, whole foods help heal the body from the inside out. Visit www.nutritionaltherapy.com for more information and to download a registration packet!
Today’s Topic (9:18)
Body image is how you see yourself when you look in the mirror or when you picture yourself in your mind.
How to improve your body image (36:08):
1. Stay away from the scale, mirror, clothes or whatever it is that makes your body image negative.
2. Use positive affirmations.
3. Talk to your friends – talk to people who will be supportive and build you up! (And ditch the ones that don’t!)
4. Smile when you look in the mirror.
5. Only wear clothes that make you feel good and confident.
6. Write a list of what you love about yourself and keep it nearby so you can read it often.
7. Take time to do things you enjoy and that make you feel good about yourself.
8. Find a role model of self confidence – whether it’s someone you know or not – and channel their energy into your day!
9. Be aware of the negative self-talk and don’t allow it to continue.
10. Look at yourself from the eyes of someone who loves you.
Look at yourself from the eyes of someone who loves you, like a friend or a spouse, and know that it’s not really your external appearance that really attracts people to you. I believe that there’s energies we exchange with each other and personalities. And that’s really what makes you beautiful in the eyes of others. And of course the external piece is something we put on our ourselves at the end of day.
Self Love Resources:
Kate’s Mindfull Makeover Program. Click here for more info and/or listen to Episode 37 where we interview Kate all about it!
Summer Innanen: Body Love Coach
Brene Brown: Researcher + Storyteller that specializes in shame, fear + vulnerability
Andrea Owens - Kick Ass Life Podcast
Alright Dishers – we challenge you to reach out to a lady friend or loved one and let them know why you admire them or share something you admire about them. Maybe it’s their style, their personality, a skill they have…whatever it is! Spread the love and it will come back to you x10!
Thank you for joining us this week for Episode 47. Remember to subscribe in iTunes so you don’t miss a future episode!
Like the show? Leave us a review!
Follow the below link and then click the blue "View on iTunes" button - once you're logged into your iTunes account you can add a review. We greatly appreciate your time and feedback!